You're in Great Company
and Even Better Care
The Bodmann Pavilion Health Care Center at Maple Knoll Village works hard to ensure that residents maintain their dignity and pride no matter what level of nursing they may require.
Our Skilled Nursing offers:
- Long and short term levels of care
- Skilled Rehabilitation
- Physical, Occupational, and Speech Therapy
- Restorative Programming
- On-site Physician clinic with services such as wound care, respiratory care, podiatry, IV therapy, and more
- Specialist services such as podiatry, audiology, dentistry, and optometry
- University of Cincinnati Outpatient Geriatric Evaluation Center
- Nursing home based Hospice Care
- Wellness Center with heated pool
- A variety of social and recreational programs
- Access to Life Enriching Gardens and walking paths
- Scheduled group transportation
- Housekeeping services
- Cable and telephone services
Tailored for You
Bodmann Pavilion accepts admissions 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
For more information regarding Bodmann Pavilion services, please contact Bodmann Pavilion Admissions Coordinator at 513.782.2657.
Skilled Nurses and Practitioners Services
Everything you require, is on site or just around the corner.
A team of professionals with excellent credentials meet with each new resident and family to develop an individual care plan. This same team will follow residents through the various levels of care so you are familiar with those around you. This uplifting atmosphere offers residents and their family assurance around the clock.
Be Our Guest
The Memory Support unit located at Maple Knoll Village is called Pathways. Pathways is a dementia/memory support unit located in Bodmann Pavilion at Maple Knoll Village. This specialized community has trained staff that are available to provide care to person’s affected with dementia /Alzheimer’s. This community offers an interdisciplinary approach to care that includes physicians, nurses, pharmacists, activities, social workers, dieticians, nursing assistants, clergy and family. The community is a secure unit with a homelike environment. In addition, secure access from the floor is provided to Maple Knoll Village’s Life Enriching Gardens.
Within the Pathways community, there are three distinct neighborhoods designed to enhance each resident’s quality of life. These neighborhoods, Cobblestone, Winding Way and Garden View are specifically run based on your care need. The goal of each neighborhood is to enhance the resident’s life as well as promote and support independence and individuality. Pathways also offers activities geared towards maximizing the resident’s highest level of functioning.
Bodmann Pavilion is a proud member of CARF-CCAC.
The Rehab Interdisciplinary Team consists of physicians, therapists, dietitians, social workers and activities professionals. The therapy program is committed to delivering each individual to their highest level of functioning.
The Bodmann Pavilion Rehabilitation Unit works to improve the lives of individuals who have complex conditions and problems, such as:
- Joint Replacement
- Orthopedic Injuries
Geriatric Evaluation Center
The Geriatric Evaluation Center was created to provide special care for older adults and their families, whether it’s a complete medical evaluation or advice about a lifestyle question. Conveniently located at Maple Knoll Village in Springdale, the center offers expert advice to manage health concerns and maintain the well-being of people 65 and older.
- When you call The Geriatric Evaluation Center, we will take the time to talk with you about your specific concerns then schedule an appointment for a thorough assessment.
- You’ll receive a confirmation packet in the mail that includes a medical record release form(s) so you may request any pertinent medical records be forwarded to our office in advance of the appointment.
- You should plan on spending two hours with our team for a comprehensive physical examination and meetings with appropriate medical specialists. This time is used to put together a comprehensive medical picture, so we can make the best treatment recommendations.
- A one-hour return follow-up appointment is scheduled one week after the first assessment. This is an opportunity for you and your family to ask additional questions and learn about our recommendations.
- Upon your signed release, all information will be shared fully with you and your family members as well as with your personal physician.
- Comprehensive medical assessment and diagnostic evaluation
- Special guidance with problems of memory loss
- Assistance with proactive planning
- Assessment of complications caused by multiple medications
- Help with problems of falling
- Telephone information service to identify and locate community services and other resources useful to older adults and their families
- Guidance with long-term living arrangements, in-home or relocation alternatives
Each evaluation is tailored to your specific needs. Our role is to determine the reasonable steps necessary to make life easier and more satisfying. In every case, we try to find a solution that will allow a person to remain as independent as possible.
The Geriatric Evaluation Center is a clinical service of University Family Physicians, Inc.
The Richard Neubauer, M.D. and John Hughes Hospice Center at Maple Knoll Village is dedicated to providing patients currently enrolled in a hospice program with quality end-of life care. When the goal of care is comfort care versus curative care our compassionate staff is available to provide individualized end of life care and support to the residents and families.
The Richard Neubauer, M.D. and John Hughes Hospice Center consists of ten deluxe private rooms and a family lounge area. The Hospice Center is overseen by University of Cincinnati Physicians and will provide care, support, and nurturing for patients living with a life-limiting disease.
The center will strive to enhance the lives of residents facing a terminal illness by providing symptom management, short term respite care, residential care and support during the dying process.
In collaboration with the resident’s current hospice provider The Richard Neubauer, M.D. and John Hughes Hospice center completes the continuum of care at Maple Knoll village.
Maple Knoll Communities
Where Lifestyle Sparks New Beginnings
Maple Knoll Village Skill Nursing Q&A
Multiple activities are available daily for the residents. We try very hard to ensure our activities are suited to the resident’s likes and abilities. These include but are not limited to card games, bingo, music, art projects, physical activity/wellness and cinema time.
- Three Meals per day
- Selective menus
- Snacks Available
- Linens and towels
- Housekeeping services
- Nursing personnel on duty 24 hours per day; RN on duty 24 hours per day
- Recreation and social services
- Religious Services
- Maintenance and Repair of living units
- Laundry Services
- Physician and other medical services
- Physical, Occupational, and Speech Therapy
- Dry Cleaning
- Dental Care
- Special Transportation including physicians and clinic visits
- Personal Laundry
- Other services as need
Three (3) meals per day are provided in Bodmann Pavilion. Your meals are served at specific times on each unit. Please check at the nurse’s station for your meal time. All meals are prepared under the supervision of a registered dietitian, and pursuant to your physician’s order. Residents or family members can fill out selective menus two (2) weeks in advance. Family members or responsible parties should check with the nurse or dietitian before bringing any food into the facility to make sure it is appropriate and that the food follows your prescribed diet plan. Our dietary team strives to plan menus that are palatable, attractive, and meet the nutritional needs of the individual. Dietary staff is available to discuss any concerns regarding the resident’s diet.
- Director of Nursing: Laura Scott BSN, RN
- Assistant Director of Nursing: Mary Beth Madlener BSN, RN
- Risk Management Director: Karen Pendleton RN, CPASRM
- Nurse to patient ratio 1:15
- STNA to patient ratio 1:9
- Maple Knoll Village maintains staffing levels well above state requirements.
Readmission rate is approximately 12% which is below state and national averages.
Payment is subject to patient’s insurance coverage. Payment is handled on an individual basis by our billing department.
The Beauty Shop is open 5 days a week, Monday through Friday. Beauty Shop charges will be billed to you on your next month’s statement. You will receive a list of prices for services upon admission.
Rooms in Bodmann Pavilion are furnished with the bed, dresser, nightstand, one chair and a bed side table. If you will be residing on our Rehabilitation Unit due to the short term nature, a television and telephone are provided. You should not bring any personal furniture into a room without the permission of the Director of Environmental Services to ensure that fire and sanitary codes, and safety are maintained. You may bring personal items such as family pictures, desk lamp, clock, calendar, radio, television, etc. in order to create more of a home like atmosphere. The care and maintenance of any items that are brought into the facility is the responsibility of the resident or representative. These items must be kept in good repair and not constitute a safety or infection hazard. If you are a Long Term Care resident and would like to bring in furniture it must be preapproved by the Director of Environmental Services.
Bodmann Pavilion is under the Medical Direction of Dr. Orson Austin with The University Physicians practice. Dr. Manish Srivastava from Trihealth is also an attending physician. You will be assigned to one of these physicians. Regardless of who you are assigned to, one of the physicians will see you within 48 hours of admission, and you will be seen at least every 30 days. If your own physician is willing to follow you to Bodmann Pavilion, he/she must be credentialed by the facility in order to practice.